Take care of your new art, read our recommended aftercare instructions below
TATTOO & PIERCING AFTERCARE
So you’ve got a new tattoo or piercing and you don’t want to completely ruin it? Good for you! You’re the type of person we’re happy to work with! Check out the aftercare instructions below to make sure you don’t do any damage.
Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
The most important part of caring for your tattoo is keeping it clean, making sure your hands are washing before each time you touch, wash and apply ointment. Keep your tatoo clear from any kind of pet hair, especially cat. Cat hair is a great threat of infection for your new tattoo, so don’t pet them until your tattoo is healed.
- Leave bandage on for at least an hour. Clean your hands! Remove the bandage and clean lightly with unscented ivory bar soap. At bed time, wrap tattoo with saran wrap and leave it on for at least 8 hours.
- With freshly washed hands, remove saran wrap and clean plasma from your tattoo. Pat dry with paper towels and wait 10 minutes. (Plasma is the oozy slimy stuff you’re cleaning off. It is completely normal, so don’t worry. The plasma will be the same color as your tattoo. It doesn’t mean you’re losing colour, it just pick up the dye as it passes through your tattoo to the surface.)
- Apply a small amount of aqua phor ointment (Available at Shoppers Drug Mart and most pharmacies, Preparation H works as well). Just enough to keep your tattoo shiny. Repeat no more than 3 times a day. Morning, Afternoon, and Evening. Do not wrap your tattoo again.
- After 7 days, use Jergens unscented antibacterial lotion as needed to moisturize tattoo, until it has finished flaking.
- When tattoo is completely healed, apply sunscreen to tattoo whenever exposed to the sun to avoid fading.
Flaking is your skin exfoliating and healing. It is normal. It is also normal for scabs to form in areas that have become irritated by rubbing of clothes or possibly infection. DON’T PICK THE SCABS! This will result in scarring. If your tattoo becomes itchy, resist scratching and simply smack it. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us at (519)252-1081.
Oral Piercing Aftercare
Rince piercing with a non iodized sea salt mixture (1/2 teaspoon for every 16 oz of water or purchase at any local drug store) after eating, smoking or drinking anything besides water. For cleaning the outside of your piercing, apply a saline solution (also available at any drug store) to a q-tip and wipe all crusty debris away. *DO NOT PICK OFF*
Things to avoid:
- Drinking Beer
- Red Meats
- Engaging in Oral Sex
- Exposing piercing to pets (Especially cats. Cat dander is a highly irritant for fresh piercings)
- Harsh Alcohol based mouth washes
Each of the above can induce swelling and irritation of your piercing.
Always wash your hands before cleaning your piercing and avoid touching it. If you have any further questions, call us at (519)252-1081.
Don’t refer to your friends, leave it to the professionals.
Simple Piercing Aftercare
- Apply a saline solutuon (1/2 teaspoon of non iodized sea salt for every 16oz of water or purchase at any local drug store) to a q tip and wipe all crusty debris away. *DO NOT PICK OFF*
- Check barbells for tightness daily.
- Avoid: Sleeping on or getting hair products on your piercing during the healing process. Also avoid contact with pets, especially cats. Cat danger is highly irritant to fresh piercings.
- Ensuring after showering that all shampoos/conditioners are completely rinsed away from pierced area.
Always wash your hands before cleaning your piercing and avoid touching it as much as possible. If you have any further questions , call us at (519) 252-1081 or refer to www.tribalectic.com.